Saturday, October 8, 2011

injury

Alright, I am always posting about my kiddos but this time it's about me. Life has been a blur the last few weeks which for a pregnant woman is quite nice. Lets begin back a few months, starting with this pregnancy. This 3rd child has taken a toll on me and she is still only in the womb. I started off with a hard 1st trimester not so much sickness but everything else. I think it put me in a weird depression. I think it had to do with hormones and the fact that my usual exercising went totally out the window, so there goes all those endorphins. So here I am 27 years old feeling like I am going through a mid life crisis. Well I always have said I wanted to go back and finish my schooling, and Dan and I decided this was a good time. I really needed something to get my mind going, something to give me some confidence. So I am now back in school 3 nights a week at college here is south Florida. It has really helped. I am out of the house, doing my own thing and Dan has got to spend a lot of time with the kiddos.
But the story does not end there. Things are going better life is progressing, than a few nights in a row I had a hard time sleeping because of wonderful leg cramps. So what do I do... put on my running shoes and hit the pavement. Not the smartest thing to do when you are 26 weeks preggo. Back up just a moment more to when I was preggo with Hadley where the last two weeks were absolutely miserable because of pelvic pressure. I would call the dr everyday crying until they drugged me up because I was in so much pain. But as soon has the princess arrived it was gone. So back to running, the last mile I slowed it down because I could feel pressure down there. The next day or two I was a little sore down there but it did wonders on my leg cramps, so what do I do....hit the pavement again! Horrible idea!! I get home and I struggle to make it up the stairs. After a few days of misery I look into whats going on with my body. Both my Dr. hubby, and OB have confirmed pelvic girdle pain. Plan of action.....nothing. I have torn a ligament in my pelvis because of the trauma I had with Hadley and than working out. My doctor said that this pain will not even start to heal until after the baby is born. Anything I do aggravates it. You have no idea how much you use your pelvic mucles until you have injured it. Anything from going up the stairs, putting on pants, lifting the kiddos, walking, or getting up from a chair. Anything causes pain. Good news is there is no harm to baby, she is safely hanging out, putting pressure down there. Little miss is healthy and happy. Mom not so much. the last three weeks have been rough physically. Dan has done well with helping me survive. He does get after me a lot for doing things that cause pain, but men do not realize how much has to been done around the house just to keep the family going everyday. But he still supports me when I go into my "melt down mode." Hayden is actually pretty sympathetic also. He sees me struggle and will ask "You okay mom, whats wrong, is baby sis kicking you?"
So that is my complaining for now, I still have 2 1/2 months which I am sure I will do some more complaining. But I do have to say how grateful I am that my hubby is sweet and helpful and that after a few weeks of sick kids that they are now doing well. I think I have had a fairly easy life and so I need a few challenges here and there. Dan and my kids make me so happy, and make life so fun. I am excited to add more spice to my life with another girl. Dan has tried his hardest to make me happy and keep my mood up. Anyone that knows me, knows I am the spontaneous crazy person in our marriage. Not so much lately, but Dan has really brought a lot of crazy happy moments in our life to keep things interesting which I really appreciate. I hope I will soon be back to my crazy self instead of miss boring, complaining woman. In the mean time you will see me walking around like I need a cane. But if you try and make fun of me, I may whip out a cane and beat you down, like all the rest of the angry old ladies you see down here in Florida!

5 comments:

Lovin Life Together said...

I wish I were there to help you. I can't believe all you are taking on right now. Mrs. Wonderwoman! You are my role model, just hang in there. No more running, you will have plenty of time for that later. Make sure that you call me to give me a good cry the way I do to you. Only 2
1/2 months left!

The Fuchs*Pietrzak's said...

Aww! I hope you aren't too miserable the rest of the pregnancy! It will all be worth it in the end though. :) good luck, doll!

Emily said...

Holly I am so sorry about your pelvis! (that sounds weird to say huh?) Anyways, that is awful. I am sorry you are in so much pain in the worst possible place for you right now. Glad your hubby is helping out. I know how it feels to be down in the dumps. It seems like I am there a bit more lately, you aren't alone! You are so cute and your kids are adorable. It's nice to see Hadley's hair coming in, it gives me hope for my bald little Avery. I hope that the next few months aren't too bad.

Rosie said...

I am sorry Holly, that sounds miserable. Pregnancy sure does take a lot out of us. I hope the next 2 1/2 months aren't too miserable.

Liz Yost said...

oh this makes me miss you so much more - why can't I be there to love you and our babies! I'll be thinking of you A LOT and please keep me posted