Thursday, June 26, 2008

Defeating the BURRITTO





Chipotle is popular burritto joint out here. Every once and a while they have a promtion where they hand out free burrittos. Yes, FREE burrittos. So Dan and I show up to wait in line for our massive free chunk of beef and beans. Apparently the entire city decided they wanted the same thing. The line went around the building and three building long. Needless to say, Dan wasn't going to give up that easy. He pulled out his umbrella and went and stood in line for about 20 mintutes in the POORING Rain. People were just soaked waiting for their burritto. I convinced Dan to come home and give up, his reply "but than the burritto wins!" MEN! The only way I could get him to come home is to promise him we would come back later when the line was shorter. Long story short, we came back 3 hours later and waited in a hour line to get our 2 free burrittos so Dan could defeat the burritto! But while we were in line the chick-ful-A guy came over and handed out free chicken nugget gift certificates. So We may have wasted hours of our life, but we got 2 free meals! AND Dan got to "CONQUER" the burritto!





3 comments:

Kathy & Steve said...

When your got your burritos, did Dan stand over it and Yell "I win! I win! I win!". When one conquers something, a little gloating is in order. Trust me. I know these things!

The Norths said...

This is a great little story! Man, I wish we had a free burrito day! I'd be all over that. My congrats to Dan for conquering, and kudos to you for sticking by him til the end. :)

Tyler and Tracy said...

Hey Holls,
Thanks for writing me. I'm a slacker when it comes to checking stuff. I miss you! Of course I didn't forget your crazy car rides in high school.
Tracy