Tuesday, July 8, 2008

MY fourth of July

I am sure everyone had so much fun with friends and family on their favorite Holiday, "the 4th of July" Blah, is all I have to say to them! Mine was so boring I fall asleep talking about it! Dan has the STUPIDEST test ever that he has been studying for non-stop for the last month, which has really put a damper on my fun time.
So while everyone was out at BBQ's with their families loving life and staring at the bright sky, Holly was watching them on TV! Yes, I know So lame! Friday I spent the entire day in the kitchen to fulfill my boredom. I cooked anything I could think that I would be using if I had a party to go to! I cooked biscuits and gravy for breakfast, and went on to Frog eye salad (which apparently is a Utah thing that no one has ever heard of and No stores carry the right pasta noodles) potato salad, 3 desserts and chicken salad sandwiches and of course good old hamburgers on the grill for dinner! Here are some pictures of one of my patriotic desserts. I thought it would be so nasty and all for show, but it actually tasted pretty good.







Saturday was just as boring so thats right folks I headed to the mall, what better way to make time go by than by spending money $$$$. I went and bought a bunch of towels and my lovely neighbor Liz (who is an expert with the sewing machine) helped me follow Keens pattern for hooded towels for Jr. This is honestly like the first time I have done anything with a needle and thread since jr. high. You should have seen the look on Dan's face when I brought them home, he was so proud of me! Lets just say Liz has a lot of patience!

3 comments:

Kathy & Steve said...

I'm so proud of you Holly. Sewing. And Cooking. The pie looked delish.. but what's the blue stuff on the bottom.. JEllo?? My fourth of July was pretty sad too. I had to blog about it also cuz it was a bummer being here "alone" whilst the parties raged on "back home". Aunt K

Jamie said...

Dang Sista you did cook alot. Its okay im sure jr just loved it all. It looks super tasty. And you towel looks awesome. Look at you go little miss crafty! You and keen are leaving me in the dust with your cooking and sewing.

Lovin Life Together said...

It sounds like you had a pretty fun fourth to me. Food, food and more food. That's the best kind of fun. Your are very creative, you'll have to give me your recipes.
Your towels look awesome, way better that what I did. I'm impressed!