Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ogden Half marathon 2011


This half was thee funnest run I have had in a long time! The Fordham fam, Lori and myself decided to run this race a LONG time ago. The race filled up in 5 days! Jam took her part by staying the night at Keens and totally taking care of the kiddos! She did awesome, she getting up in the wee hours of the morning and got 3 little kiddos out the door signs made and all to root on the runners!

Jam showing off her hard work! Everyone is happy!

Of course Keen was the first to cross the finish line 1 hr 42 min. 5th in her age group. We were all pretty excited for her.

EJ came next. Just over 2 hours. This guy is such a punk, he made me think all morning that he was gonna run right by my side. Nope he was gone within 2 mins after we started! I can't say I blame him he whooped my butt, but I do blame him, I do blame you EJ!

Here I am 3 potty stops later and a VERY rough last mile coming in at 2 hrs 17 min.

Here we are waiting for Lori, we saw Lori cross the finish line and than we lost her the rest of the day. You notice something in the pic?? Maybe an expanding belly? Yep I ran 13.1 miles pregnant AND beat my last years time by 23 minutes. I found out just a few weeks before the race and realized I wouldn't be able to give it my all, but I still had a blast and knew there will be many more races in the future. Everyone that I talked to were pretty sore the next few days. We looked like a bunch of old people walking around. The down grade hills is what I think made it so fun running along a river most the way, but I also think that is what caused all the pain. I never get that sore!

11 comments:

Emily said...

You are super woman!! Great job and congratulations!

Emily said...

Oh I can't wait for baby #3! That's so exciting! I can't believe you ran that far being pregnant! Wahoo Holly!!

Tharon & Alicia said...

Yup I knew it. Dan was probably suspicious of us being pregnant, but Dan was trying too hard to dodge the question when we asked if you were expecting too. Congrats on #3 and on the marathon. You are amazing!

Zac and Shelece said...

Way to go girl, you guys are so cute and CONGRATS on baby number three!! I am so excited for you. Here's to having almost three kids : ) LOVE YA GIRL!!

Kari said...

I still can't believe you ran a marathon while pregnant. You're amazing!

Jamie said...

Your a crazy gal! Im so proud of everyone you guys all did (as Tony the Tiger would say) gggggrrreeeAAAAAATTTTTTT!!!!!! Ps Im so excited to meet #3! :)

Lovin Life Together said...

You did so great especially with being prego! I miss you guys already. Can't wait for another niece or nephew!!!

Amee Campbell said...

First of all, congrats on the pregnancy. Secondly, congrats on being so awesome to run a race period, but being pregnant makes you even more of a wonder woman. I miss you girl!

Liz Yost said...

Holly you stink! Congratulations on both the run and the baby. Take care of yourself and keep you your AMAZING hard work.

Stacie Marietti White said...

I am so impressed right now. Congrats on baby #3 and on your half marathon!!!

The Norths said...

Holy smokes, it's about time I got caught up on my blog reading! Congratulations Holly!!! And way to go superwoman for finishing a race while pregnant! I can't wait to hear more about the coming baby!