Friday, July 15, 2011

Florida 4th and 3rd

So we started the celebrations on the 3rd because I wanted to have a fun little get together with friends but I also wanted to take the kids to there first fire works show. We had a house full of people and kids running around like mad. It was on Sunday, so even though my kids had naps they were still a little on the cranky side. But they still managed fairly well. I took a total of 3 pictures the whole night. But we had PLENTY of fireworks and food and wonderful company.

Even the younger kids did pretty good with all the noisy fireworks. The little boys were all into it, helping the "men" by sorting out the fireworks and telling them which ones to light next.

It definitely was a chill-laxin evening and not too much on the humid side.

This was our actual 4th. Do you as a mother ever have these dreams of what your family will one day be...? As silly as this sounds I have always dreamed of being a wagon family! I have wanted a wagon for awhile to let my kids stroll around as we head to the park or lets say in this situation a parade. Well I made my dream come true! I found this very nice but broken wagon at a yard sale, purchased for 5 $ spend 6 $ replacing the bent axle in both front wheels. So in total my wagon cost me 18 $ and some work from my sexy handy man, Dr. D! I love it, the kids love it, Dan thinks I nutzO. But I am happy, so he is happy :)

The parade did not disappoint. Very slim on the parade goers which made it a blast for the kiddos no competition for the candy. They had a TON! I let them have at if for a couple days before helping it disappear into the trash (maybe mom was having at it to much!)

Hayden commentated the entire parade, while miss Hadley waved and bugged mom to open the candy faster. It rained right before the parade and really cooled things off, but about 15 minutes in the humidity kicked up ten fold and we were all sweating bullets. But because of my handy dandy wagon, mom fit plenty of water to help support this fine family of four!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, grandma Lou. This was a huge hit. We have this little ditch on the side of the house that was perfect for the slip and slide. I only wish we had secondary water so we could play with it daily!

Later at the firework show, Hadley was showing off all her moves. This girl gets low! But as soon as she started attracting people and was getting standing ovations she was outty!

This is what we have been "up" to.

Playing at the park waiting for the fireworks.

There were plenty of people at the park, just a few miles from the house. But Dan scouted us out the perfect spot with hardly anyone around and perfect view of the main event and all the other little firework displays around the city. Hayden loved it. Hadley.... well she sat still for about 5 min before she thought it was time to torture mom with loves and open mouth kisses and horsey rides. It was a blast, and even a little romantic for Dan and I. It's been a while since we had our blankets out at a real firework show. It was for the most part a perfect day, and a great weekend! The kids don't really understand at all the concept of the day, besides America's birthday. But they love to wave their flags around and scream "America!"

2 comments:

The Fuchs*Pietrzak's said...

I just love your little family. :) Glad you guys had fun!

Emily said...

I'm glad we got together on the 3rd for the 4th! Funny pic you put up-the one where I look like a totally different person! and I'm not even holding my kid. haha