Sunday, August 3, 2008

The magic of garage sales!

I know what you are thinking, "Holly's blog is turning into a BABY blog!" I know I am sorry, but that is like the only thing going on in my life right now. I hope I don't drive you all up the wall or bore you to death. But I have to tell you about this awesome adventure I had garage sale shopping. We searched forever to find that "one " crib, garage sale shopping this season. I finally found one that just stole my heart, I was so happy and with the price tag of $25, couldn't have been more pleased. So we bring it home and set it all up and get all excited to be new parents. Not even a week later Dan reads an article on the front page of MSN on crib recalls. He investigates a little more and low and behold our cute little crib has been recalled because supposedly little kids were breaking the slats and getting hurt. Believe me this crib was solid as a rock, it had to have been some kids with anger management problems to break that thing. Any way we call up the manufacture to see what we need to do. Well they informed me I turn in a few screws and bolts and sign a paper agree to never use the crib again and wa-la! I get a BRAND NEW CRIB! I brand new crib? I never even thought of that idea. They send you a voucher for the highest retail value of the crib plus sales tax which must be redeemed at babies R us. Well after a few trips to the post office, you can see below my new $25 garage sale magic! Pretty much we got like a $350 crib for $25 brand new. I thought it was totally awesome. By the way I finished my nursery this weekend after I got like a hundred comments about not having it done yet:) (remember I am about the worst procrastinator EVER) It is SO Super cute. Through out the week I will post some progress pictures, but if you are in the neighborhood you better come stop by and see it.





BEFORE

AFTER

Getting ready to paint the nursery

8 comments:

The Cassity's said...

I must say that you totally scored on your baby crib find. I found my pottery barn crib for $25 at Down East, but it does not look nearly as good as your "$25" crib. What a find! When is that baby coming? I keep checking.

Jamie said...

Heck Yes! That is my kind of deal! That crib is super cute. Im jealous of all your good deals. Out here all you find at GAY RAGE sale is some stinky sandals and maybe an old flower pot!! Keep the pictures coming!

Kathy & Steve said...

I thought the boxfull of Corelle I bought at a garage sale for $5 and used for TWENTY years was a good deal, but when it comes to garage sale deals... you WIN, hands down. Whoo HOOO! Aunt Kathy

Ellen said...

I heard about this! Way to go! That's a HUGE money saver! And how cool that you got to get a new one!

Lovin Life Together said...

Nice crib, your baby is stylin now. I can't believe in just a few more weeks you'll be a mom. I'm so excited to have a new nephew.

andrea said...

That is so funny! Good job, you totally scored :)

Davis Family said...

That is the coolest story ever!!! Your garage saling days have paid off!! YIPEE!

Unknown said...

you luckies! what a steal! can't wait to see pictures of the cute nursery!

so, is the baby here yet?