Thursday, September 11, 2008

United 93

So last night Dan and I stayed up WAY past our bed time to watch United 93 which we recorded off of TBS so it was edited. I am not the kind of person that likes to watch movies that "open" our eyes to the world around us. I want to watch a feel good movie. I know that sounds so naive. I obviously knew this was not going to be a feel good movie, but anything with 9/11 (I am sure like a lot of people) just strikes my interest. I really liked they way they filmed this movie, it is more like you are a part of the movie. You don't get attached to any characters and the plot(which we already know before hand) is not handed to you, you have to figure it out. This movie totally got to me. The emotion was so high the entire time, I even started sweating at one point. It was one of those shows that I want to talk about over and over again with anyone that will listen. It makes you have such strong feelings for the people that preformed such horrific acts of violence. I understand that they believe it to be a religious act and for God. But I can't understand why anyone thinks they have the right to take away ANY ones life. I honestly believe that on all the planes, if the passengers would have know their fate they would have done the exact same as United 93. Wow, it just makes me so proud to be an American! I did not even realize today was 9/11. So many people died on that day. So many hearts were torn. I think the world will never be the same after the events of that day. Can you remember were you were and how you felt? I remember getting ready for school that morning and mom called me into her bedroom where she was watching the news. "Holly, you have to see this a plane just crashed into the World Trade Center!" As I sat on the bed to watch the replay on TV, she yelled "Oh, MY GOSH, Holly! That wasn't a replay! I think that was another plane that went into the other tower!" I can remember that day SO clearly! I remember going to Institute and watching it on TV all day. Coming home with the entire family just glued to the tube, we couldn't get enough information, we wanted to know more! Such a gloomy and sorrowful day. They had a moment of silence for all the lives lost that day. I just want to make sure all the families that were hurt that day have not been forgotten. I know that I will remember this event for the rest of my life no matter how bad I want to forget. I might have just totally went off on a tangent, but it is something that burns in my memory forever.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Im with you holls we shouldnt ever forget. That day was crazy! Almost unreal. I remember us driving to school together just in awe completly and utterly in shock! Life is so unexpected and unsure we should be so thankful for every moment and live life to be the very best we can be!

Lovin Life Together said...

What a momentus day. I was at hospital orientation for my new job. We had the run down on what to do at the hospital, they were worried that something was going to happen here. It was very scary. When I left my house this morning there was a flag in my yard representing those lost, it gave me the chills. I will never forget those who lost their lives in this tragic event.

Heather Crozier said...

I remember the day too. I was at school at USU when I found out. I just got chills when I was reading your post.

Heidi said...

I haven't watched United 93 for your reasons not to. I think it is too much for me but maybe I'll give it a try. Such a sad day, I also remember vividly that day and when I found out.