Monday, September 22, 2008

Mixed Feelings

So today is like on of those times you get so caught up in the moment, that when you realize what just happened you want to cry! Dan has been talking about selling his car for months now, this last week he finally had the time to get it all cleaned up and he put it up for sale. I was just like yeah, whatever, your a guy, do your thing. Well it went up for sale Friday and today (Monday) Dan is at the bank getting the title notarized. I am super sad! I love that car (even though I never drive it any more.) Dan got that car right out of high school, and I thought he was the hottest kid around in that car, we have so many memories in his civic. Road trips to Vegas, snow storms over the Logan canyon, driving it on the beach at Bear Lake. Driving it across county to Ohio when the entire exhaust system fell out in the middle of no where and Dan and I had to wear ear plugs so we wouldn't go deaf from the sound. I can't even tell you how many make out sessions happened in that car! So many adventures and good times! Well good bye " Civ Dog," may you make your next owners just as happy!




Dan with the title in his hand! Car I miss you already!!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Awww! I know what you mean though. It is amazing how we get attached to cars. I think it is the memories they hold.

Lovin Life Together said...

I know how you feel, I still miss my civic terribly. I had a lot of memories of it too. Especially the memories of my sister wrecking it the day before my wedding, driving to St.George with a girl that was obsessed with Tacoma's, and oh ya I thought that my car was the official make out car. It comes to mind my rear view mirror broken after we found you two naughty love birds steaming up the windows. Ya you remember the lecture!-Oh well I guess we have to move on to bigger and better someday.

andrea said...

That is so funny, and sad. I get like that with cars too....although I really like new cars. You'll just have to make out in the new car to break it in :)

Anonymous said...

oh dang that was funny! jeremy has the exact same car, color and everything, and the first time we made out in it, i sat on the brake release and we started rolling away...it took us a few seconds to realize what i had just done! good times good times! but his next car can't be stick shift...mostly because i don't drive that well, but also because they are danged expensive to replace...anyway, Adiós al coche rojo pequeño. !

Tara said...

Does everyone who owns a civic experience this? Ours sold w/in a couple of days of Dave putting a random sign up in the window. I had to take the car for one last drive by myself before the new owner took it. Sniffle, sniffle. Still miss that car! I saw it in a parking lot about two years ago and it brought back so many memories! Good luck on your change!

Jamie said...

Holls I'll miss that civ dog also! Life is hard when we have to let go of our old beautys (corsia, and nissian)But one day you'll look back and just smile lol :) Just make up for lost time and make out alot in whatever new car you get!!

Kaydee and the boys said...

Hee hee, that's pretty funny. It's ok Holly, you'll forget about it soon enough. :)

Anonymous said...

mom said....yeah I know just how you feel, we are selling the Burb..it's like selling a family member...smile

Heather Crozier said...

I miss my civic too. :(

Hey, you've been tagged! Come read my blog for the scoop!