Monday, March 2, 2009

Lorissss and Jen Trip

My sister from Indiana came to visit again this weekend, and it is always a blast when she arrives. I threw her a belated birthday party since I didn't get to see her on her big day. I made my first layered cake and finished my first rag quilt(that she received as a gift) all by myself!

The birthday girl

The rag blanket I made, thanks Keen for the tips! I have to say I think I am totally going to get into this blanket and sewing thing. SO much fun.

So we headed off to "Schakolad" for a tour of their chocolate factory. Needless to say it was more of a shop than a factory, but it was awesome! They let us make our own chocolates! Jen went first and picked a tiny soccer ball sucker out of an entire wall of molds. Than I chose a bigger and funner to make choo choo train for Hayden. Than Lorisss picks this gigantic alligator that was probably a pound of chocolate. Anyway it was awesome, we all got our hands dirty and dug into the chocolate.

Dan was kind enough to kick it with Haydes and just watch all the fun! But there is a few of the gazillion molds to pick from behind us.

They also showed us how to write with chocolate and let us have at it. I don't think the things I wrote are appropriate for this blog :)

Jen's tiny sucker

Lorisss giant alligator that had to be placed in a thron(sp) of gold to carry home!

Awesome fun, lots of girl talk and painting nails (thanks Dan for letting us do our thing:))

3 comments:

Heather Crozier said...

MMM chocolate. Sounds like a great place to go to. Thanks for the pictures of my cute nephew. I love seeing pictures of him. :)

Kathy & Steve said...

I really REALLY need to visit this place. And wrap my muzzle around a chocolate alligator. To heck with the tiny suckers, give me some REAL chocolate!

Jamie said...

Hey why didnt you take me here when I came to visit? I think I got jipped I want a refund!!! :) Sounds like you had lots of fun. Happy Belated Birthday LORISSSS!