Thursday, March 26, 2009

Domestication

My wonderful husband got me a sewing machine for V-day and I am loving it. I have been trying to think of ways to work on some Holly talents (I am few and far between) so this machine has been speaking to me! Here are some recent projects.

Another rag baby blanket. I know just basic but so am I.

Hayden modeling Corbin's apron which is now called a "bibb"
(Yes my son cooks naked!)

Another apron I made for Keen.

I have more ambitions up my sleeves, I will keep you updated.

8 comments:

Amee Campbell said...

Wow Holly, I am really impressed! I love to sew, but just need to make time to do it. This is so motivating! Good job!

Lovin Life Together said...

Corby loves his apron, he also has turned this into his favorite bib, I love mine too! Haders is so stinkin cute, I can't wait to see him in a few weeks! I'll have to try the cookie sheet thing, mine look pretty gross too!
By the way I didn't get your email, not in my junk mail either.

Jamie said...

Look at you go girl! Your are a pro already crazy sewing lady! I am so excited to get my gift!! :) PS hayders is such a cutie! Love him.

Christa Rudd said...

congrats! I am impressed Holly. Let me know if you need any fun patterns to play around with!

Jen said...

Way to go Holly. I haven't had time to sew as much. Hopefully during the summer. There are a ton of fun tutorials online, as I'm sure you've seen. I've made rag quilts before, but what dimensions are you using to make a baby one?

Heidi said...

I can't sew period so I say you are doing pretty great! That is a really cute rag quilt!

Julienne said...

I'm impressed! I wish I had talents like that.

The Cassity's said...

I love nursing covers. They make the best baby shower gift ever. Every woman who has had a baby in the last 3 years at my church has one!