Sunday, April 10, 2011

My new love


Yes, this shoe. Thank you for a friend that recommended me this shoe. Last year while training for a 1/2 marathon I jacked my knee hard core weeks before the race. Every doctor I went to or friend I talked all said it was because I didn't cross train. I had to be off my knee for months. (after I killed my knee at the race) When I started training again this year, it took only a few weeks before the pain started to emerge again. Than my friend told me me about these shoes that take the pressure off your heals and help you run more of a flat foot. I have been using them for a month now. Wow, they use some different muscles so my legs got pretty sore. But the knee is just fine. I have even done a couple long runs with much success, and yesterday was the ultimate test. 10 miles and no knee pain (yes there was other sore spots on my legs! but not the knees!) P.S. I have done little to no cross training I am way to lazy which makes me even more of a believer. Check out the Saucony Grid Type A4. It could change everything!

1 comments:

Trinette Hayslip said...

Holly-
I don't know if you remember me, but we used to be in Bunco together. I have a really weird question/request?
We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale for a Cruise in June. The only problem is we port out of Miami. I know you guys moved to Southern FL, but I am not sure where. Do you have any suggestions on a cheap way to get from FLL to MIA? I know taxi's are super expensive.
Thanks.
My email address is:
trinette72@yahoo.com