Monday, April 18, 2011

Wicked Easter


That is right my friends, I went to the musical "Wicked" this weekend. It was very entertaining. I talked Emily into going with me even though she had seen it before. So glad she came with me. It was a blast and my hubby got us awesome seats off stub hub.

The place was totally packed and Emily had some of the most interesting people sitting right next to her. One lady behind her broke down crying during one of the songs.

Poor prego Emily, I made her walk a million miles until I could find a wicked sign. Can you believe she is 24 weeks?? This is definitely a fun play and you need to go see it if you get a chance.

Also this weekend we got to see the Easter Bunny.

Hadley is not a afraid of anyone, but lets just say she didn't jump into the bunny's arms.

This place was awesome they had a egg hunt for 3 and under, check out all those eggs! Plenty for everyone.

This was both kiddos first ever egg hunt. So I had to prep them both.

Needless to say they needed close to no coaching. They both did great.

Had's started by kicking the eggs(she is really into soccer) but after a min she started putting them in her basket.

showing off the goods. It was great. Even though It was kinda annoying with the couple of parents that were frantically picking up the eggs and shoving them into their kids bags. Especially when there was hardly any kids and plenty of eggs, and no pushing and shoving, people are just greedy. Hayden got them all himself and had an entire grocery bag full of eggs!

The face painting. Hayden was pretty upset when the guy wouldn't do a race car. But once he saw his puppy face he got over it.

Hadley's kitty (she would not hold still)

Back at the car. It was raining on and off all day. But I pretty fun day.

Potty training update:
Hayden has gone 2 days with no pee accidents! Can hardly believe it! #2 is little more of a struggle. I think this kiddo has pretty good control of his bladder because he has never had an accident when we are out and about, but I would like to add that this is not the first time I have tried potty training with Hayden. I tried a few months ago and it was a disaster. We went through about ten pairs of underwear before noon. I gave up. But I tried again because he would tell me every time we would pee in his diaper. I hope things keep going this well.
One quick story from church on Sunday. Hayden has never used the big potty just one of those little ones you can take from room to room. So Daniel was taking Hayden to the potty at church for the first time on a real toilet. Hayden sat down and said "Dad, I going pee on potty! Dad, I makin a mess..." Dan looks down and he hadn't positioned him quite right and he was peeing on the floor!

6 comments:

Lovin Life Together said...

That is so funny about Hayden at church. I bet Dan loved that one. I heard wicked was a good one. Looks like you guys got plenty of easter goods. I love how Hadley was kicking the eggs!

Emily said...

haha Nice one Dan! Teaching Hayden to pee on the ground! I'm so glad we went to Wicked-it was much needed time out for me! Thanks for putting up with my pregnancy woes. haha Also-you weren't kidding about the tons of Easter eggs! woah

Jamie said...

Im so jealous that you got to see Wicked Ugh!!! So serious that is a ton of easter eggs florida goes all out...Probably cause there isnt a gazillion kids like here in Utah. The painted faces are so cute. I love the tongue hanging out on haydens! Happy Easter!

Kari said...

Holy cow, Easter eggs! How fun! Lovin' the potty story- good one, Daniel! I'm so glad Haydes is doin' so well. YAY!

Erin said...

You do have a blog! Nice to see you on blog land too :) Ok, so look how stinkin' skinny you are! 2nd, LOOK AT YOUR CUTE KIDDOS! One darling family you have!

Keep in touch :)
Erin

Kathy & Steve said...

Hayden looks like he's offering that tootsie roll to ME. Glad to see you are training 'em up RIGHT! ;)