Friday, July 23, 2010

Bear Lake







We had this great idea to head up to Bear lake and run a half marathon/10k. We went camping....not fun. It was pouring rain most of the time. Mom, Dad, Hadley and I got lucky and slept in the camper, while everyone else was stuck in the rain out in tents.

The race was pretty cold, but the rain held out for us. As soon as we all finished it started to rain again. This race was a lot more enjoyable than the columbus half. I hadn't trained and took a lot more relaxed approach to the half. My sister Colleen did awesome, I think she finished like 3 or 4th in her age group. Where do I start with Jamie?? This girl is hilarious, she made an awesome friend that I think she may be in love with now. That is Jamie, she is in a race but still takes the time to make friends. It was Jamie and Mikes first race and they did awesome. Colleen and Ej I would categorized as runners and I wasn't to far off of Ej's finish time! :)

Dan stat this one out to help mom and Dad with the kiddos and I think he had a lot of fun with all the boys back at the camp.

Dan caught us in all our glory running! Colleen was so fast that Dan barley got to her as she crossed the finish line. We were all pretty tired, but it was a good day!

1 comments:

Liz Yost said...

Stop showing me up - 2 races to 0 races. I have to catch up. Call me with more details! We love and miss you sooooo much.