Sunday, March 25, 2012

Time out for me

Me and some gal pals headed up to Orlando for a weekend away. Time out for women was a great way to get some much needed woman power! They had so many great speakers. It made me miss Utah and having institute or firesides all the time. We got to listen to Sherri Dew, Hilary weeks and like 10 other people. It was wonderful.

Best Bites gals. I got there cookbook last year, and follow their cooking blog. They were so fun to listen to. They add a lot of humor, which is what I mom needs to survive her life! They helped us realize that even though we are blog stalking and hearing about all of the amazing things in peoples lives, that those people still have set backs. Those people don't blog about the hard times, or the frustrations. It is a good thing to put into perspective, and try hard not to compare yourself. Because even as famous cooks, these ladies still serve their kids chicken nuggets!


Jericho Road....need I say more?

When I was right out of High school I used to be obessed with JR. Dan even took me to one of there concerts when we were dating. I was so excited to see these guys. Then when the moment came for me to do a meet and greet, I got really nervous. My friend asked me, "Y do you feel weird, is it because you are totally crushing on someone elses husband!? HA, it probably was why I felt kinda silly. As I was waiting to talk to them this OLD lady jumped in front of me and was like "oh, my gosh I LOVE you guys, I have been following you for 11 years now!" We are talking grandma old lady! Talk about making you feel old. I did feel kinda silly up there taking to them, but they were so nice and genuine. They made me happy! I had to crop my picture because some crazy lady decided she needed to be in my picture, even after people asked her to wait her turn, she replied "oh its ok we are friends!" What?! We are not friends, I don't know you! Crazy weird people.

0 comments: